LGBT immigration lawyer Sydney
Are You Looking for LGBT Legal Service in Sydney? Contact DTL for an LGBT Advocate, Immigration Lawyer, and more
Thousands of Australian couples are victims of discrimination every day. Same-sex families and couples are often denied basic work-related and financial entitlements that most conventional families and couples take for granted.
- Same-sex couples must spend more than opposite-sex couples on medical expenses to access Medicare and PBS Safety Nets.
- The right to carer’s leave to be with a sick partner is not guaranteed to same-sex couples.
- Same-sex couples cannot access a wide range of tax concessions that opposite-sex couples can.
- If one same-sex partner is a federal government employee, they are denied access to certain benefits given to opposite-sex partners, such as superannuation and workers’ compensation death benefits.
- A defence force veteran’s same-sex partner cannot access many concessions and pensions available to opposite-sex partners.
- Older same-sex couples typically spend more on aged care facilities than opposite-sex couples.
Same-Sex Couples are Not Second-Class Citizens
These are only a few of how same-sex couples face discrimination. The problem doesn’t stop with same-sex couples, either; these financial disadvantages also affect their children. This discrimination is a breach of fundamental human rights. Some changes to certain definitions in federal laws would put an end to the discrimination and take us much closer to equal rights once and for all. Many same-sex couples find themselves fighting harder than they should have to just for the same freedoms their opposite-sex counterparts enjoy daily without even having to think about it. It’s clear that many same-sex couples and families need an LGBT advocate in Sydney.
LGBT Legal Service in Sydney from DTL
At Dowson Turco Lawyers, we are passionate about helping uphold the freedoms and rights of everyone, including those in the LGBT community. We are proudly and openly gay owned and operated, and most of our staff members are gay. At DTL, we understand the issues you are facing because we face the same problems. When you work with a lawyer from DTL, we’ll do everything we possibly can to ensure you get the best outcome. We support community causes and events, and we work with numerous agencies to promote LGBT rights. Whether you’re looking for a property conveyancer, a family lawyer, a discrimination lawyer, or an LGBT immigration lawyer in Sydney, you’ve come to the right place.
We will work tirelessly to uphold your rights, and we make mutually rewarding relationships with clients our goal in every case. We’ll do whatever we can to ease the stress of your situation and ensure that you receive the fair treatment you deserve. We can assist you with various discrimination matters as well as property, commercial, employment, criminal, wills and estates, family law, and LGBT immigration in Sydney. We will work with you to prepare you for each stage of the legal process, and we believe firmly that everyone deserves access to a proper legal service, so we work to achieve favourable outcomes for all clients in all situations. If you have been the victim of unfair treatment or discrimination for any reason and need an advocate, contact DTL today.